Tuesday, May 22, 2007

An Oldie, but Goodie

I wrote this a while back. My friends posed a challenge to me to write a song that could be performed in either swing or hip-hop. BOOM! SUCCESS! Here it is.

I'm tweakin' every weekend before it gets dark,
Hanging with Johnny and Jack in the park.
Follow up with Jose Cuervo, a good friend of mine
Me and Cap'n Morgan will share a good time.
If you've got one light it, pass it to the left.
If you're hanging with my friends, well that's enough said
They ain't bad habits 'cause they ain't bad friends
They just have sway and great influence

(Sadly, I'm going from memory and I can't remember the choruses -__-)

I know my soul is empty and my brain is dead,
but it keeps my stomach full and my spirit fed.
Gonna drink when I'm thirsty and smoke when I'm not.
I'll be trippin' around downtown 'til I'm shot or I'm caught.
Don't fuss and don't fight, don't light it on fire.
As the night gets longer we get higher and higher.
If I don't toast MJ, she won't toast me.
What? Waste my night? Fuck you! BLASPHEMY!

Brad is my homeboy, but Jimi's the shit
says, "Joey's got a gun, so don't fuck with it"
Bobby was a soldier, Floyd has a darkside
If you're kicking it with them its one hell of a ride.
You think I'm alcoholic? I think you're a prude.
Alcoholics go to meetings. I'm a drunk, dude!
They ain't bad habits cause they ain't bad friends.
They just have sway and great influence.

You think I drink too much.
I think you think too much.
You think that I am wasted.
You just can't wait to taste it.
You want to be like me.
I just want to be free.
You wish that I was sober.
I tell you, 'It ain't over!'
I'll down another 40.
You tell me I'll be sorry.
I'm sitting at that table
You tell me I'm unstable,
Staring at that empty can,
with my head in my hands

No comments: